The Devil is in the Details...
Lisa practices in commercial real estate and development, focusing on complex financing and property transactions. She has handled a number of the more sophisticated commercial financing transactions in the Capital Region. Her trademark thorough, attentive, and proactive approach has proven to be a valuable asset to clients in the acquisition and complicated financing of their projects.
- Ms. Newkirk has been continuously recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Real Estate since 2016.
- Ms. Newkirk attended Western New England University School of Law, where she was a merit scholarship recipient and a dean’s list graduate. Prior to law school, she graduated from Plattsburgh State University, magna cum laude.
- Ms. Newkirk is admitted to practice in New York State and is a member of the Albany County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association.
- Ms. Newkirk has represented multiple municipalities in different capacities including the City of Rome, the City of Sherrill and the Town of Westmoreland. As municipal counsel, Lisa has conducted hearings, amended and implemented zoning regulations, drafted local laws and moratoria and advised the governing boards in connection with an array of zoning and planning matters.
- Ms. Newkirk is an active member of the NYS Women’s Bar Association, the Capital Region Chamber of Commerce Women’s Business Council and Capital Region Women@Work, advocating for women throughout the Capital Region.